Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Pips


I finished (or thought I finished) my sherbert pips quilt.  I am not quite sure what to call this one yet.  To me it sort of makes me think of one of those DNA readouts.  Anyone else see that?

This quilt ended up totally different than the plan I started with.  I just kept sewing things together and then thinking, well what if I did this instead and cutting or adding and then this is where we ended up.  It ended up quite a bit bigger than I had planned.  I had started off thinking it would be a nice throw quilt but now its most definitely bed sized.  The big question is is it too big to quilt on my Bernie?  I'm thinking straight line quilting for sure.

One thing I did not see was that the white I thought I had and used for the side border was not the same white I had used in the original strips I cut out.


Woops!  That's what I get for choosing fabric in soft lighting at night.  Oh well.  Easily fixable and I think it will be really great once its done and quilted.

Today I'm linking up with:
  Fresh Poppy Design 
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. I totally see the DNA readout - it's gorgeous! How many jelly rolls/fat quarters/etc. did it take?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so didn't see the DNA readout until you mentioned it. It's really a pretty, and will be a very cheery quilt when completed.
    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not really a fan of the PIPS line, just not my style, but I actually really like this one. I totally see the DNA lines too. You could name it something clever about DNA?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really neat. I love the graphic look it has.
    ~Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous quilt and you should be able to manage the straight line quilting on a normal machine !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that quilt. It is totally different than any other Pips quilt I have seen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...