Woo hoo! It took me all of a year of slowly but surely hand-piecing those little hexies together but as of Sunday afternoon, this little lady was finished.
It was a little tricky finishing it up with all the tiny hexies and cutting some of them down as I added the sashing but it worked out. I stippled it for the quilting since I wanted it pretty tightly done to add strength to all the hand sewing that was holding the top together.
I love the fabric I found for the back and it matched the solid I used on the sashing perfectly. I was so happy to have some leftover so I'll still have some of that pretty green to add to some other future scrap quilt.
It feels so nice to have it done! Although I sort of miss sitting on the couch at night catching up on my Hulu queue next to the hubster sewing my hexies.
I guess I'll just have to start another one..... (ha... just kidding...this baby took so long....probably won't be turning to another hexie pattern for awhile...)
And just in case you're wondering......there are 1,326 little hexies on this baby.