Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easter Eggs, yarn style


Lately I've been sort of obsessed with yarnish typed projects.  When we were in Idaho a month ago I had my crochet expert sister-in-law give me a lesson on reading crochet patterns and since then I've been a crochet fiend!  Baby booties, baby hats and little baby blankets mostly but when Easter rolled around I ran across these little darlings on pinterest.  They come from Mamachee over at Easy Makes Me Happy and let me tell you, she has some DARLING patterns. I linked over to her blog where she posted the free pattern for these eggs and had to make a few.

I made a few adjustments to the pattern  that worked easier for me and left me with a little loop on the top to hang from our little Easter spring twigs.


I used a 100% cotton yarn which I really liked and after I did one or two, I got the hang of it and really liked how they turned out.  I had so much yarn left I made a little table runner (that you can see in the first picture).  Crocheting has been so nice lately.  I think because its something I can do snuggled up on the couch and with four weeks to go in this pregnancy, snuggled up on the couch is about the only place I want to be.

Stay tuned for more of my crochet obsession coming your way this week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...