Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lucky Stars Block of the month club




I joined up with Don't Call Me Betsy's Lucky Stars block of the month club.  I've been intrigued and totally intimidated by all the foundation piecing I've seen around the quilty blogosphere in the last year or two and finally decided to just jump in and give it a whirl.  I figured a block of the month club would be a good way to try it out. And I love it!

Here is the third block I've done.  Each block seems to take me about two hours.  I'm tempted to make two of each months' blocks to finish up with a nice sized quilt at the end of it all.  I've noticed we have an abundance of lap sized quilts and a shortage of snuggle up sized ones so I've been trying to get to some larger quilt projects.  I did a custom quilting job for a friend and did a quilt that was the largest I've done on my little Bernina 440QE to date and it went really well.  So well I'm less concerned with saving up my big quilts for our yearly trip up to Washington where I can rent long arm time.

The Girl Creative  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...