Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Bread


So lately I'v been working toward changing the way I buy and cook food for the fam.  I am trying to move toward cleaner, simpler and more local food.  I'm a firm believer in planning meals and keeping things really simple in an effort to keep my sanity with three littles around the house while I'm trying to cook as well as watching the old food budget.

One of the things I've been doing is to cook my own bread.  Bread is easy but can be time consuming, unless you are me and have a bread maker. I keep my bread maker on my counter and make a new, fresh loaf most days.  I used to just use it to make the dough and then cooked the bread in my oven but then I have to be home and tend it and lets be honest, with the three little ones around here we've got a go go schedule and I forget about things like bread rising in the oven.

So I thought I'd streamline the process and premix my dry ingredients.  I'd had these old yogurt containers and they seemed like the perfect size.

So we'll see how they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...