Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I've been up to..


Something about being pregnant really seems to kills my creative energy which is why I've been so MIA on this bloggeroo.  Or maybe I'm just exhausted from pregnancy and chasing two boys.  That's probably it. I know I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again.  Either way, I feel like I've been a tad neglectful here. 

But what I have had is this crazy craving to knit.  It really is a craving.  The same way I almost always want to eat a plate full of fettuccine alfredo these days.  Its my creative alfredo.  Oh how I can barely contain my desire to make cute little baby things with yarn.  Except I actually don't know how.  I learned to crochet a little a few years back when I worked at a residential treatment center but I didn't really know what I was doing.  So a few weeks ago I hired a babysitter for an hour or two and took a little beginning knitting class.  And then last week I got online and with the help of youtube started to learn how to read a crochet pattern.  Woo hoo!  And now I'm a bootie away from finishing a little newborn mittens/bootie set.  How about that?!

Its nice because its something I can do just sitting snuggled up on the couch with an episode (or two) of Downton Abbey (are you watching this yet???  I looooooovvvveeeee it way too much).  Now I just have to go out and buy some more boyish yarn since the new babe is a boy and the only yarn I have in my stash is pink and purple.


My other project has been this custom baby blanket that is coming along really nicely.  Its for a sweet new baby girl due in a month and I really love how its turning out.  Its just waiting for some finishing touches and should be ready to ship off by the end of the week....I'll do more showing off of that next week once its done....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...