Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Something for bringing home baby...


Back when we were in Idaho and the crochet bug bit me, I made these little booties and hat and a small sized zig zag blanket to match.  With the way my creativity and urge to make things dies while I'm pregnant, I've never really made my boys baby clothes or special little outfits or anything.  But as I made these booties and little hat I started to get this really strong desire to make this baby his own little outfit to be brought home from the hospital in.  I knew it had to be something simple because my pattern following ability as well as my garment construction skills were limited and rudimentary at best.  I found this pattern in Amy Buttler's Little Stitches for Little Ones and set to finding the right fabric for it. I finally picked these Heather Ross prints out yesterday and last night put it together.

I will say I'm not sure I did it totally along with the pattern.  I seem to have an extra tie that I'm sure was written there but I can't figure out what it ties to but that's okay.  Its cute.  The weight of the fabric is a little heavier than I would have wished but I think once I toss it in the wash it will soften up.  The real question is will it be small enough to tote a newborn home in.  Since my other boys were 9 lbs 3 oz and 9 lbs 15oz when they were born (basically I give birth to two month olds) I'm hoping it won't be too big.  The pattern was for 0-3 months but it seems sort of big to me.  I packed a back up outfit in my hospital bag just in case but I'm hoping this fits him.  I have loved this guitar fabric everytime I've seen it at the fabric store and was excited to finally use it.  I reminds me of my dad:)

Here's to hoping I get to put this outfit to use sooner rather than later!  Due date is still a week away but I am definitely ready to trade in this belly for a baby.

1 comment:

  1. That is really sweet.

    I've made a similar kimono. About the extra tie - does it go inside, to keep the other front panel in place (tied under the right armpit but hidden beneath the top layer)? Personally I think a snap would be less bulky - but in a pattern I used they had a tie on each of the two front panels.

    Would you PLEASE bring that baby home soon?! Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...